News from Framwellgate Moor Youth Community Association

About Admin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Admin has created 7 blog entries.
2306, 2014

The School Buildings – Extracts from the School Log Books

By |23rd June, 2014|School History|Comments Off on The School Buildings – Extracts from the School Log Books

In 1877 a red brick building was erected on the eastern side of the main village street between St. Aidan’s Church and the Marquis of Granby. This building was called Framwellgate Moor Board School and consisted of three classrooms, one for boys, one for girls and a room opening off […]

2306, 2014

The Origin of the School – Extracts from the School Log Books

By |23rd June, 2014|School History|Comments Off on The Origin of the School – Extracts from the School Log Books

The starting point is the 1870 Education Act which provided for the creation of School Boards, elected by ratepayers, to provide schools where existing educational provision was inadequate.

Framwellgate Moor has according to the 1st Edition of the Ordinance Survey of 1857, a parochial school and by 1873 a local directory […]